The High-UV Buff® in a Nutshell
The High Buff® is designed for high-impact activity in the heat and sun. So running or cycling in the summer heat for example. It’s also became really popular as a cooling face mask with fishing pro’s.
It sets benchmarks for performance headwear.
- A 51 cm long, knitted tube of 100% Coolmax Yarn
- Popular in high intensity activities & skin cancer protection
- Replaces 10 different types of head wear
- Cooling – Created the Coolmax® Extreme Rating
- Odour & Germs – Premium Polygiene™ Technology kills both
- Skin Cancer Protection – 95% UV blockage
- Ultra thin – Fits nicely under any helmet
- Chill Protection – Can keep the chill away
- Free of Harmful Substances – Certified
- Lasts several years of daily use
- Fits Adults with a head circumference 53-62 cm
- Weighs 43 gr (1.517 oz)
The most popular ways of using a High-UV Buff®
There are a lot of ways to wear a High-UV Buff®.
Most people find ways to make it cool or give sun protection or both.
I hope you find some inspiration in the listing below.
The sun is hitting your face and you have to keep your lips tight to keep the bugs out. This wasn’t the experience you were hoping for. Just take your High UV Buff® and wear it as face mask. Instant
The image shows John from Kenmore Cycles during the 2004 Kooralbyne 24 hr MTB XC race. He is wearing a Original Buff® as legionnaire cap under his helmet. This keeps the sweat out of his eyes and gives heat relief.
The sun bleaching your hair? The saltwater spray making it tacky? Try the High UV Buff® as hair cover. This photo was taken in a hot & humid area. Around Weipa in far north Queensland. This is were the High
Key Features a High-UV Buff®
It’s technical features that make a Original Buff® so popular and set it apart from other head or neckwear.
Here are the most important ones.
The most dangerous way for a toxin to enter the body is not through the digestive system, but through the skin Andreas Schimkus, former senior industry adviser to the Council of Textile and Fashion Industries of Australia’s (TFIA) A Buff®
Product Details of a High-UV Buff®
Want more details? Just post a comment and I will answer.
It's not for you if...
The Original Buff® is designed to smoothen the edges of the cold and the heat. This makes it great if you don’t know what weather to expect.
But then of course there are reasons to go for a different fabric. Here are reasons to have a look at different products.